I suggest you ...

XMPP/Jabber playlist sync

I really love this project. A strong open source base and add ons for proprietary services for users who need them are exactly the right way in my opinion. Every user can decided how free or proprietary he/she wants to listen to music and has lots of alternatives to choose from. I believe in Hatchet as well, but a second option to sync playlists would be good for users that want to be independent and maybe even use their own XMPP servers. From what I read about older version this was possible once...
I set up the same XMPP account on several devices but playlists aren't sync'd nor do the other devices appear as friends.
Could this be reactivated?

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    akjvkrebv235akjvkrebv235 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • akjvkrebv235akjvkrebv235 commented  · 

That's great news! I love this project btw. I think it's a real gamechanger giving back freedom to digital music listeners. Ahh, I mentioned that before :-D I wish similar projects would exist for movies and other media. Think of HBO Go, iTunes and maxdome plug ins for Kodi, merging everything in one library instead of caging the user.

• akjvkrebv235akjvkrebv235 commented  · 

Thanks for your comment. Is this an answer or a "by the way..."? Because connecting to other XMPP accounts is not what I'd like to do. I'd like to use one XMPP account on several machines to synchronize playlists between those machines.

Feedback and Knowledge Base