I suggest you ...

Add "Album artist view" as an option/replacement of "Artist view" in Collection

"Album artis" view could be very useful when you want to know which artists are responsible for an entire album.
In an scenario where you have multiple artist in an album, in several albums, "Artist" view tend to make a mess of your collection.

87 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Santiago FN shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim DeLaHunt commented  · 

Most of my music is classical, and tagged in exquisite detail from MusicBrainz metadata. I can easily have a dozen artists associated with a given track: Composer, Librettist, multiple Singers, Orchestra, Conductor, etc. All of these artists should appear in the Artist list. Right now it seems that your "Artist View" is only Track Artist. Album Artist values should also populate this view. And, if there are multiple Artist or Album Artist entries in a music file, all should populate this view.

• Rave commented  · 

For me, this is also a very important feature. Samplers and songs "feat." other artists are getting scrambled. Love tomahawk, but without this my music library becomes unusable. Please!

• Typhon commented  · 

Need this so much : 2Pac discography give me like 20 artist 2Pac feat xxx.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Any update on this? It seems like a not-that-hard to implement feature (but I'm not a developer, so excuse my ignorance if it isn't)

• R commented  · 

Yes, this is really important. Don't need compilation discs ruining my album flow.

• Weed commented  · 

yea this needs to be helped

• arkhi commented  · 

It would be even better to be able to sort by custom tags

some free text like:
        "%ALBUMARTIST%
        %RELEASEDATE%
        %ALBUMTITLE%"

could sort as follow:
        1. first sort by album artist
        2. then by date
        3. then by album title

I know, I know :I loved Foobar2000 too much. :)

• Taylor Thurlow commented  · 

Yeah, this is huge. My entire library is set up for album artist instead of artist, and it makes the list of artists super cluttered with near duplicates.

Feedback and Knowledge Base