I suggest you ...

Add Genre and Grouping columns to browse collection (and maybe others)

It's almost impossible to browse a music collection without that. And nothing is faster than adding colums browsing (remember, the thing that iTunes killed with version 11 and that works fantasticaly in Swinsian.
The best is of course an option to choose with ID3 tags you want to add.

193 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Yann Loosli shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe commented  · 

How can this be a feature NOT being integrated?

Media Player without the capability to filter/sort by genre is worthless, regardless of all the other awesome features!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Wow that is old! Just trying get rid of iTunes, but can't without Genre browsing

• Jeff Dorenbush commented  · 

Not having the ability to edit ID3 tags like Genre and Grouping is preventing me from using Tomahawk. Once this feature is included I'll try this software again.

• Marc Diethelm commented  · 

Grouping is not something I use, but without filtering/sorting by *genre*, rating and other metadata Tomahawk will remain on my waiting list. This is essential.

Oh and when you do it... Allow to add multiple comma-separated genres and split them by comma. Or else we're on square one again.

• David Riddell commented  · 

Ditto - This is half a player without genres. I think there is space for other commonly metadata'd stuff aswell (bitrate for me is important but I appreciate that is not for everyone).

• Andre Greeff commented  · 

There's another 3 points in the voting box...

I just recently migrated my desktop environment from Windows to Linux (best upgrade ever) and I'm battling a bit in the music player department. Tomahawk is one of the slickest and simplest players straight out the box, but I have tons of music from movie soundtracks as well as folders with random collections from different artists, so the lack of genre support in the "Collection" view makes it really difficult to navigate.

• Chip commented  · 

Should have columns for Last Played, Date Added, Rating. Without that, this app is lame.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Is this feature ever going to happen? Without it this app is useless to me..

• Anonymous commented  · 

The lack of genre filter and column in Songs view is pretty surprising. Definitely a basic feature that needs to be added sooner than later.

• Stephan commented  · 

I need a sort by rating

• Anonymous commented  · 

The only feature that I really want included. A lot of songs have genre's in their ID tags, so I don't think it'll be too hard to include. For added functionality, connect the genre to the top last.fm tag(s) for songs that don't have genres.

• Kevin commented  · 

Without the ability to sort by genres. Tomahawk is useless for me. Please add this feature

• Jeremy McCoy commented  · 

Being able to sort by play count is a feature I have long missed from local media players of yore since I moved to all-streaming. Bring that to Tomahawk and you will be my personal heroes.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I need genre sorting- my entire library organized by custom genres! I hate to say it, but I won't use Tomahawk until I can create my playlists from my genres...

Feedback and Knowledge Base